After many months in the planning, I am delighted to post this EXCLUSIVE interview with stellar Digital Marketer Dr Dave Chaffey, to whom very many thanks!!
See our advice on crafting an online value proposition (OVP).
However, social media has come to mean than this and is not a good term for what it represents, Social Media Marketing, Social Commerce, Social Business, Social Enterprise are better terms depending on the context.
Question 4: What steps can companies take to measure and validate the returns that they get from their Digital Marketing investment?
- Define value of outcomes on your site – setup goals in Google Analytics with values assigned to represent value.
- Put in place tracking of all media, on and offline, with consistent marketing source codes
- With this in place start using rarely used measures like revenue or goal value per visit and $Index value
- Understand, at a granular level which media including sites, search terms, placement and creative create value for you.
- Maximise value, prioritising the media with the best conversion rates and ROI.
- Understand more complex journeys through multichannel funnels so you are crediting assists earlier in the journey rather than just “last click wins”
- Find solutions to assess the value within social media marketing – 1 to 6 will help, but specialist tools are still needed!